Saturday 8 September 2012

Challenge Day 8: Metallic Nails

Here is today's on-time, on-schedule post! Ha ha. I paint sets of fake nails which I sell at the salon I work at and on Etsy, and one of my co-workers fell in love with a set that featured a glitter bomb silver nail. Today I wanted to do the gold version!


This is a bunch of different polishes layered to make a glitzy-glitter, metallic nail! I started with 2 coats of OPI Glitzerland (New favorite polish, for sure!) and layered on glitter from there.



The next layer was a coat of China Glaze I'm Not Lion, which is a gold & holographic glitter combo. It's such an amazing polish and it matches Glitzerland perfectly. Then there was a final coat of Daring Digits True Love (just the gold glitters, even though this polish also has super cute red hearts in it).


 This picture was kinda neat, my camera took a picture right in the middle of adjusting to direct sunlight and this photo was the result. I like it because it shows the holographic glitter so well!

I am finally up to date with the challenge! Now I'm off to a Hawaiian themed party with my friends. Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment