Monday 10 September 2012

Challenge Day 10: Grassy Green Gradient!

Today's challenge was a gradient mani and I didn't want to do the typical sponged gradient, so I did something a little different!

I think it looks like grass, which is I thought was a fun way to tip my hat to the end of summer.


This is what I would call a brushstroke gradient, and it reminds me of something you'd see in a painting! I really like the way it turned out.


The three colors I used were OPI Jade Is The New Black, OPI Green-wich Village & OPI Who The Shrek Are You?. I started with Jade Is The New Black as my base and added 2 layers of brushstrokes with Green-wich Village and then another 2 with Who The Shrek Are You?.


These polishes were great for this technique because they are not too opaque that it looks too much like stripes and opaque enough that they were easy to build up!

I love how much this looks like grass! Too bad it's a rainy, miserable day here, or else this mani would make me want to run around outside!

Tomorrow's theme is polka dots, which is funny because I've already rocked out polka dots 3 times this challenge, but I have a fun idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment