Wednesday 12 September 2012

Challenge Day 11: Polka Dots

This mani was a super quick one, but it still turned out exactly how I wanted! I intended to post this yesterday but by the time I had taken pictures I had to jet off to work, so it had to wait until today. Darn 1-9 shifts!

Anyway, here are some polka dots!


I think this is so funky, and it literally took me 20 minutes. This look is so fun and so simple to create that anyone could do it! I started with 2 coats of Maybelline Onyx Rush which is a simple black creme, however this formula is really thin. I actually added the rest of my old generic black polish to it to thicken it up.


I then did the dots with a large dotting tool and Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet. My biggest downfall with polka dots is consistency but these ones are surprisingly even! I then used my black nail art pen to place smaller dots in the middle of the mint dots to create the circles.


So not only is this simple to create, but the colors I used were inexpensive as well! If you're a nail art newbie and you're not ready to throw yourself into expensive polishes, indie glitters and whatnot you should definitely get yourself a dotting tool or two.

Next mani is stripes! I will have some fun with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment