Monday 3 September 2012

Challenge Day 2: Orange

OOPS. I totally forgot to post this yesterday, had my nails all done in the morning and just totally lost it. Well here they are!

I'm not a huge fan of orange nails, but I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to use one of my new indie babies :)


I started with 2 coats of OPI Hot & Spicy on all nails except my ring & thumb. Then I painted one coat of Pretty & Polished Phoenix on top. So nice, right! It's so bright, It's a neat combination too. I can't wait to try this polish over some other colors.


On my ring finger & thumb nails I did a funky cloud design I saw on Nailside! You can see the tutorial on how to create this super awesome & easy design here. I started with 2 coats of China Glaze Make Some Noise, then i did the first layer of clouds with OPI Hot & Spicy. I did the last layer with Pretty & Polished Phoenix and love this way this looks!

It's almost like a gradient, in an unintended way. Phoenix makes the orange look almost neon. It was such a miserable day outside yesterday, but I feel like I had the sun with me on my nails!

I better go do today's yellow nails! I hope my idea turns out good!

2 comments:

  1. Really cool! I'm doing this challenge too and also chose to layer with Phoenix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely will go check yours out!

    ReplyDelete