Wednesday 7 November 2012

A (Late) BCA Manicure! Featuring Pretty & Polished Hello Dolly!

October was Breast Cancer Awareness month & I wanted to show my own awareness!

At work, we do product specials to raise money and whatnot but sometimes sporting the pink just to show your respect for all the survivors out there is just as meaningful! I wore this manicure in late October, so I'm showing you all a little late.


This is 2 coats of Zoya Emme, a light pink shimmer polish with a little bit of a frostiness to it. I actually got this through Glossybox, which is a subcription to a box where I get 5 sample sized (and sometimes full sized!) products for $21 a month. It's also a Canadian company, which I dig since I'm Canadian. Zoya sent an assortment of pink polishes to Glossybox to give to their subscribers for BCA month!


This photo shows the frosty finish really well. I love the baby pink color! It covered well and was not streaky at all despite the fact that most frosty polishes are. Very nice!


I then added a coat of Pretty & Polished Hello Dolly. It's 100% the girliest manicure I have ever worn in my life. I loved how the girly glitter added some pizazz! (You know I love glitter, who could resist?)


It's kinda funny actually, I didn't even remember purchasing Hello Dolly when I first got it, but I'm so glad I did! It is a collection of micro pink, medium purple, & large and extra large white and pink hex glitters. This is only one coat (super dense!) and all of the glitters went on fairly evenly! I did have to do some digging for the large white & pink hex glitters, but it was worth it.


There is a nice macro & bottle shot for you, showing all the sparkle. The larger glitters do sink to the bottom as you can see in the macro shot which is why I had to dig, but if you left it upside down for a while and gave it a good shake, it would definitely make it easier.

 You can purchase Pretty & Polished on Etsy and Llarowe. You can also watch for new collections & updates on the Facebook page! They even have two special BCA polishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment