Wednesday 10 October 2012

Lime Crime Les Desserts D'Antoinette Swatches & Review!

As soon as I saw Lime Crime's polishes I just had to have them. I love pastels and these are almost like neon pastels. Right up my alley!

I will post swatches of half the collection today!

The collection was inspired by "confectionary delights from Marie Antoinette's table." Lime Crime promises the polishes to be opaque in 2 coats, being intensely pigmented. The bottles also come with a wide brush for control.


Here's a photo of the "Les Desserts d'Antoinette" collection on my messy nail table. It consists of 7 pastel polishes; pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple & cream. The cream color caught my eye first. I love me some off-white.


Excuse the blurry photos. I'm just getting used to my new camera and for some reason decided to take these in my dark basement. This is 2 coats Lime Crime Parfait Day. It's a pastel baby pink creme that applies really nicely. The formula on this one was great.


This is 3 coats of Lime Crime Peaches & Cream. It is a pastel orange with almost a neon quality to it. I decided to use 3 coats with this one to cover a little bit of streakiness. Since I paint fairly thin coats, you could probably get away with 2 thicker ones.


The brightest of the bunch! This is Lime Crime Creme De Limon. I used 3 coats for this one as well. It's a bright lemon color, not as much pastel as the other colors. It's also a little chalkier than the rest, which is also a fear I have with pastel shades.


And the last for today, Lime Crime Pastelchio (What a cute name!). This is 2 coats of the pastel green polish. This one also has a neon quality to it. It is definitely reminiscent of a pistachio. This is one of my favorites! I'm a sucker for greens.

I have the last 3 polishes to show you tomorrow! This collection was well worth buying. I purchased it off of Harlow & Co (for all my Canadian followers!), but Lime Crime's site also offers shipping to the States.
Lime Crime also offers other cosmetics! Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment