Saturday 6 October 2012

Challenge Day 24: Inspired By A Book

The theme for this challenge was Inspired By A Book. This was not a hard decision at all, why not chose the book that women everywhere have lost their minds over?

I chose 50 Shades Of Grey. You don't have to be a bondage connoisseur or anything to read this book, it's pretty good! I would recommend it to anyone.


I created the "50 Shades" look by doing an ombre! The polishes used for the ombre were Joe Fresh Concrete, Zoya Kelly and a generic black polish. I also mixed white into Kelly to get the greys on my pointer and middle fingers.


Then I painted a tie on my ring finger to mimic the tie on the cover of the book. Nothing special, because my tie is quite a bit less detailed. But I think I portrayed the idea well!


Have you read 50 Shades of Grey? And what book did you use for inspiration?

1 comment:

  1. This is too funny! Quick premise: One of my Hubby's cousins decided that a few of us "older" married ladies were goin to the midnight showin of this movie and I had thought of doin my nails and placin a tie on my ring fingernail... I looked up "50 Shades of Gray nail art" and saw this one! Love it! My idea was, since the openin falls on Valentines Day, (yes, we're plannin ahead, lol), I would do a white nail bed and red (...room of pain, ha!) nail tips with a full red ring fingernail and a tie on it. But I loooove your idea! Any ideas on how to incorporate the two? :) Thanks! A

    ReplyDelete