Wednesday 18 July 2012

Nail Art Challenge: Day 8. Metallic Nails Featuring Lush Lacquer Mr. Bubble!

Oh am I ever excited to show you guys today's mani. I doubled over in excitement when I got some precious nail mail from Lush Lacquer! I finally jumped aboard the indie train and Lush Lacquer was my first indie purchase. 

Beware, this post is a little picture heavy!
Anyway, let's get down to business.


Here is my little set of goodies! All of these polishes are gorgeous. I am a huge fan of glitter, so I couldn't wait to receive these polishes. Above all, Lush Lacquer was awesome with communicating to their customer about the time frame you should expect. They left a note on my purchase saying they'd need an extra 2 weeks to process my order due to such a high volume of orders. I definitely appreciated the notification.
I finally got these about a month later and it was WELL worth the wait. I mean, look at them! Gorgeous, gorgeous glitter bombs. I will for sure be purchasing from Lush Lacquer again. Thanks Karin & Lexi for your wonderful polishes!


So of course, I couldn't wait to see what they looked like on the nail. From left to right we have Mr. Bubble (2 coats & 1 coat), Pink Panther (2 coats & 1 coat), Snap Crackle Pop (2 coats & 1 coat) and Salt N Peppa (2 coats & 1 coat).
Beautiful, dense glitter madness. I was about to faint, I was so excited.


So I obviously wanted to incorporate one of these bad boys into my challenge mani. But let's start off with my base polish. This is the lovely OPI Birthday Babe. It is a nice frosty silver that has the awesome, dependably smooth application OPI is known for. This is my favorite silver I own.


This is two coats of Birthday Babe. No streaking or drag with this polish. Also, unlike most frostier polishes, you don't see any brush strokes with this beauty. A+ rating from me!


Then I topped it off with Lush Lacquer Mr. Bubble! This is one coat of this awesome matte glitter. It applied pretty evenly. I didn't have to poke any glitters around to get the placement right. I just did a little dab here and there to fill in any bald spots afterward.


Mr. Bubble is made up of micro, small, medium and large hex glitters in pink, blue and white. It is a party in a bottle. It reminds me of confetti or something I would wear to a baby shower. Super adorable. I can't wait to try this over some different colors.

You can purchase Lush Lacquer at their Etsy Shop and check them out on Facebook :)

2 comments:

  1. this looks fab. i love metallic colors and this splat nail polish is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really great on you! I love the Lush Lacquer I got a few months ago! I definitely want to add some more to my collection. Can't wait to see you swatch the others.

    ReplyDelete