Tuesday 17 July 2012

Nail Art Challenge: Day 7. Black And White Nails!

This manicure was a lot of fun. You have so many options when it comes to black and white. So I didn't want to be lazy and use glitter or stamping. I wanted to do something fun, but simple.
Here's what I came up with!


A funky polka dot mani! I used Zoya Snow White for the base. This was 2 coats of the white creme polish. The application is alright, it's a little on the thick side, but then again my bottle is pretty old. It could just be time for a new one. I like Snow White because it goes on creamy, not like white out.


I wanted to add a little something, something to the dots, so I did a few random colored ones. The colors used were China Glaze Flying Dragon (Pictured. You can even see the blue glitters in the bottle shot, how cool!), China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise and Sally Hansen Blue Me Away!.


It's hard to tell Turned Up Turquoise apart from Blue Me Away in these photos. My camera flash definitely brutalized that a little bit. I saw a post about how Kayla from Nails By Kayla Shevonne has a little photography studio she DIY'd! I think I'm going to make one of those so I can take more color accurate photos sans flash. You can see her post here.

Overall I think this was a fun way to do black and white. What do you think? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment