Friday 13 July 2012

Nail Art Challenge: Day 6. Violet Nails!

At first when I saw violet all I thought was that I couldn't just turn to my go-to purple (OPI Do You Lilac It? The best light purple. Ever.) I don't have a lot of purple. I like it, but lately there hasn't been any new ones to catch my eye lately.

Then I remembered how fast this beauty caught my eye when I first saw it...


This is OPI DS Extravagance. It is part of their Designer Series Collection. It is a beautiful magenta-purple cross with lots of shimmer holo particles that shine like a diamond. I love this polish. I felt like I had little violet gems on my fingers.


This is 2 coats of Extravagance. It applies like butter. No streaks, no drag. It dries fast so you don't have to wait too long between coats. It is my dream polish. This is a must have for anyone's collection. OPI's prowide brush makes it that much easier to apply as well.


Then I did a glitter accent finger with a blue & purple glitter from Claire's Precious Metals collection. It's hard to see the purple glitters because they were exactly the same color as the polish. It gave it a really cool effect in person, though.
I tried taking a no flash picture to show the purple glitters better but no dice. Pretty though, right?

This is the last day of the colors of the rainbow, tomorrow is black and white! I'm very excited for that challenge, gives me a little more creativity!

1 comment:

  1. This is my favourite colour from the collection!

    ReplyDelete